Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Try, Try Again. Sleep Study #2

Apparently I have mild sleep apnea. I am told there were 90 awakenings during my first sleep study. When the clinician shared this info with me, my immediate response was, "Well no wonder I am so tired and cranky all the time!"  And all this time I just thought it was the three kids.

So I went back in last night for another test. This time with the CPAP. So I had all the wires, bells and whistles as the last time but last night I wore a deep sea diving mask too.

See for yourself...



Now tell me that doesn't look fun. The mask made me feel like I was smothering or drowning. I had to talk myself  'down off the ledge' for the first thirty minutes and I survived. I kept telling myself if my special needs daughter could do this when she was 12, I could do it now. And I did.

All those wires coming out of that blue box on the left are attached to my person somewhere. Most in my hair, thus the tornado-esque styling. There there are a couple on my face, chest and legs. And those were the easy part.

So in a few minutes here, I am going to go to sleep in my own bed and try the CPAP there. I'll let you know how it goes and if I am sent to sleep on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment